httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Glenn Sieb" <rainbear+li...@wingfoot.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Having interesting problem with NameVirtualHosts on 1.3.29
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:43:11 GMT
Brian Dessent said:
> I don't see why people overly-complicate their virtual host setups by
> using IP addresses.  Unless you have specific requirements otherwise,
> it's usually fine to just specify:
>
> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName domain1.example.com
> </VirtualHost>

Hi Brian, Henry and all,

I did this--the problem is still happening. I'll go to edit a page on
siebconsulting.com and save it, then it goes "Sorry, this page doesn't
exist on the server" (and keep saying that, regardless of refreshes,
super-refreshes, etc.), then I'll trim off back to the root page of
siebconsulting.com and howman.com or another hosted page on my box. It's a
FBSD 4.8 box with the following relevant packages installed:

apache+mod_ssl-1.3.29+2.8.16 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TLS
functionality
mod_fastcgi-2.4.0   A fast-cgi module for Apache
mod_perl-1.28       Embeds a Perl interpreter in the Apache server
mod_php4-4.3.4_3,1  PHP Apache Module
p5-Apache-Session-1.54_2 A persistence framework for session data
php4-4.3.4_3        PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)

$ httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix)
Server built:   Dec 16 2003 16:27:40
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:15
Server compiled with....
 -D EAPI
 -D EAPI_MM
 -D EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH="/var/run/httpd.mm"
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D HAVE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=64
 -D HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=512
 -D SO_ACCEPTFILTER
 -D ACCEPT_FILTER_NAME="httpready"
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/sbin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd-error.log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/srm.conf"

If there's any other info I'm leaving out, please let me know--I'll keep
my eyes out on the list at work today.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Glenn
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2004 Glenn E. Sieb.    IRC: Rainbear    Yahoo: Rainbear_NJ
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals" Charge of the Goddess