httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help running perl cgi over apache
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:44:50 GMT
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:09:45 +0000 (GMT), Nick Kew wrote:

>  That looks confused.

Not really, but I forgot to say that it's perl specific (it may be specific to some other
languages as well of course).

>  I think you're using "\n" for newline.

As you say, \n is a newline. It's not a linefeed (LF) or a carriage return (CR). In newer
versions of perl that means, IIRC, that the ouput of \n is platform dependant.

> >  Of course, the web server might be nice and handle this for the
> >  script

>  s/might/MUST/

>  If it doesn't then it's not CGI.

Ah. That's nice. Makes portability kind of easier. :-)

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org