httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help running perl cgi over apache
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:39:43 GMT
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:47:02 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:

> >  print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

>  If you're expecting this to show up in a browser you want:

Most browsers have no problem at all displaying plain text. Actually, I have never encountered
a browser that can't display plain text. He should only use text/html if he's actually sending
HTML, if he's just sending plain text, text/plain is correct and may save the browser from
doing unnessecary parsing.

Regards
/Jonas
--