httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help running perl cgi over apache
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:33:19 GMT
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:21:09 -0000, michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:

>  print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

Shouldn't that be \r\n\r\n on a Linux system?

>  system("/bin/sh /path/to/command &");

I may be totally mistaken here, but my first thought is that the CGI might not be able to
exit until that job is finished. If that is the case, you could try to have the script disown
the job and see if that helps. Or maybe get the stuff to run completely separately from the
script.

>  The fact that a script run on the command line works, but the
>  behaviour changes over cgi makes me think maybe I am doing

OTH you're not running it the same way when you're running it from the command line. The owner
of the job doesn't try to exit before the job is finished when you run it from a command line
unless you're also logging out before it's finished.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org