httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Boston <gbost...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: questions...
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:43:39 GMT
Steven:  MYSQL is up and running fine on Win ME.  My ISP does not block port 80.  Yes, I have
many other things to pursue.  You might try to be mean once it a while, it may work.  I don't
get the page showing Apache running.  I am uncertain about your suggestion referring to localhost
and test page.
Steven Pierce <pagedev1@speakeasy.net> wrote: George,

OK.. lets get one thing working at a time.  I am not sure that MySQL will run on a Win
machine.  I believe that it is only Linux, but I am not 100% on that.  Did you ever check
with your ISP (By phone or Email) that they do not block port 80??  Sorry if you already
answered this, but it seems like there is a long pause between when you answer sometimes.
I understand that you are busy also.  Not trying to be mean.

OK.. so by turning off  your firewall, did not stop apache from seeing the net.  Do you
get the page that shows you that apache is running??  If you open a brower and type in
localhost what do you see??  If you do not see the test page, then you are not getting anything
install, and no one outside will see it anyway.

Steven