httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Pierce" <paged...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Many httpd processes
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:37:22 GMT

I am not really up on httpd, but have you checked to see what the process is
doing??  Not that it is taking up CPU time, but what it is linking to?  If it is only
running away during the night, and it is fine during the day.  Sometime is causing
the run away process.  Have you tried to cut down the Maxrequest and Maxclients
to see if that helped??

I am not sure if I am at all correct, but if this only happens at night, then something
is not right.  Do you have a firewall on the machine? Have you verifed that it is not
someone using your machine as a clone (Spam, etc)?

I can guess that someone else on the list will come up with other things that I have
not thought of, or / and let me know if I am off base as well.