httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Boston <gbost...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Listen & bind...
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:26:27 GMT
Steven:  I got locked out of my email for a few days, the house is getting painted, the iron
mongers are here, and chaos is breaking loose everywhere.  I'll get bac to you in a day of
two with answers to all questions.  --G

pagedev1@speakeasy.net wrote:
OK..

For the first thing, you NEED TO BE SURE PORT 80 is running. Did you ever check with your
ISP to see if they blocked port 80??

George, I am willing to try to help, but you need to help as well. I asked you WHAT O/S are
you running. So what O/S are you running????

When you run winipcfg what happens?? Is the IP address showing up as being a correct one??
Is this a stand alone server, or are you sharing the server as your desktop??

If I remember, you can not see the server from within your network, or from outside either??

There has been such long gaps on the message refresh my memory.

Steven

alone everythinng. My question still remains, how do I get this turkey to run?? --G
> PS: ZoneAlarm is inssstalled as a security package.
>
> pagedev1@speakeasy.net wrote:
>
> George,
>
> Glad to hear that you did find the WinIPCFG option. Wait.. Why did you ELIMINATE the
port 80 config?? That is the port that you will use for your web site, now unless your ISP
has turned that off. If they have, most likely they have turned off the rest of them also.
So lets take a step back here.