httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Pierce" <paged...@speakeasy.net>
Subject [users@httpd] www issue
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:25:08 GMT

Good Evening Group,

I am not new to the group, but I am a newbie to Apache.  I have a server
(not public yet) that I am starting to set up.  I have set up a web
address (Domain I own) and trying to get it working locally before
I open it up to the world.

When I set up the Apache server (Using Linux interface) I tell it
that it is www, but it will only answer to http://localhost/pagedeveloper.

I will send my httpd conf file if needed.  I have it listening on port
80.  I have tried it as www and localhost.

I have look through some of the books that I have, but did not see
anything that jumps out at me.

Someone could point me in the correct direct, that would be great.

Thank you for your effort.