httpd-users mailing list archives

From <mikest...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Using Mapped Network Drive in the UserDir Setting
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:01:34 GMT
I have user directories on one machine and then have the webserver on a different machine.
I mapped a network drive to the user directory and thought I could setup the userdir to use
that mapped network drive. For some reason it does not recognize the mapped directory. So
my question is how can I get apache to see the user directories on a different machine across
the network? These are Win2k machines.

Here is what I tried:

Mapped a network drive to user directories. \\Somepc\user mapped to K. So in the httpd.conf
I set the Userdir to k:/*/public_html.

UserDir "K:/*/public_html"

The error log says can not find file. Here is the kicker, if I set up the same directory structure
on the machine that apache runs, then the UserDir works fine.

Thanks for any help.