httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot send session cookie
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:40:55 GMT
On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:58:39AM +0100, michele digioia wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new user. I have this problem: when a session_start() php
> request is sended to the apache server that I admin (by few days), it
>
> Warning: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output
> started at .../Admin/Dbconnector.inc:120) in .../Admin/login.php on
> line 4
>
> Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
> (output started at .../Admin/Dbconnector.inc:120) in
> .../Admin/login.php on line 4
>
> Is this a problem of php or apache? And how can I solve it? Thanks.

This is a PHP problem and so OT here.

As a hint - make sure your script hasn't already sent out any HTML to
the browser before it's trying to set a session variable.

The error occurs because PHP can only send session data in the HTTP
headers sent out from the web server - if you've already sent out some
HTML / output to the browser this means the HTTP headers have already
been sent and so if you try sending session data at that point the error
you get occurs.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer