httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 features
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:37:45 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:24:15PM -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Anderson Neo wrote:
>
> > Does apache is considering the feature that allow the parent to fork child
> > processes that run as the user specified in the <VirtualHost> User
> > directive? (Not refering to CGI suexec)
<snip>
> There have been some attempts to accomplish this in a more elegant way in
> apache 2.0 (see the perchild mpm), but I don't think any of them are
> working at the moment.

Joshua - do you know what the progress of the perchild mpm is for 2.x?
Seems to be a bit of a Holy Grail quest, any idea why development on it
is taking so long?  I would move from 1.3.x to 2 in the drop of a hat if
the perchild mpm were working. :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer