httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] UserDir & DocumentRoot
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:46:10 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:35:04AM -0600, Michael Collins wrote:
> Just changing UserDir to www did not work.
>
> Looks to me, the configuration must tell apache where the user's
> directory would be.  where do you think it would look for user's
> directories with just UserDir wwww ?

In ~user/www/.

RTFM:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_userdir.html#userdir

Specifically:

If neither the enabled nor the disabled keywords appear in the Userdir
directive, the argument is treated as a filename pattern, and is used to turn
the name into a directory specification. A request for
http://www.foo.com/~bob/one/two.html will be translated to:

UserDir public_html     -> ~bob/public_html/one/two.html
UserDir /usr/web        -> /usr/web/bob/one/two.html
UserDir /home/*/www     -> /home/bob/www/one/two.html

Note also that on most apache installations the UserDir is set to
'public_html' by default as I said in the previous post.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/