httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cool Moe <coolmoed...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Compiling (linking) against apache2 problem
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:43:54 GMT
Howdy,

I know this is going to sound like a PHP problem (bear
with me!), but I've been compiling my own Apache 2 on
Mac OS X Panther (10.3.2), and when I try to build
PHP4 or PHP5 against it, I get this multiple symbols
found error.  According to a few bugs at bugs.php.net,
the php people close them as bogus, saying that what
is resulting is a bug in Apache (for example,
http://bugs.php.net/26321):

####
[2 Jan 8:37pm EST] sniper@php.net

This is some Apache bug. As you can see, the conflict
is between httpd
and some system libs. Not PHP.
####

I'm not really sure what to do at this point, because
I don't see anything in Apache 2's configure that
would prevent this situation.  I also have the exact
same problem on another Mac OS X host (10.3.2, neither
are mac os x server).

Does anybody have any ideas?  The make error output
for PHP is reprinted below.

Thanks!
CM

###Make Output:###
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _pcre_free
ext/pcre/pcrelib/pcre.o definition of _pcre_free in
section (__DATA,__data)
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd definition of _pcre_free
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol
_pcre_malloc
ext/pcre/pcrelib/pcre.o definition of _pcre_malloc in
section (__DATA,__data)
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd definition of
_pcre_malloc
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd definition of _regcomp
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regexec
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd definition of _regexec
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(regexec.So) definition of _regexec
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regfree
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd definition of _regfree
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(regfree.So) definition of _regfree
ld: Undefined symbols:
std::terminate()
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__vmi_class_type_info
operator delete[](void*)
operator delete(void*)
operator new[](unsigned long)
operator new(unsigned long)
___cxa_pure_virtual
___gxx_personality_v0
make: *** [libs/libphp4.bundle] Error 1
thrakazog.hyvig.com:/usr/local/src/php-4.3.4 moe$ cd
../