httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Blane Warrene" <Blane.Warr...@acc-corp.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache administration application
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:03:45 GMT
I would have to agree with an earlier reply to this on the 25th - Webmin
performs a majority of what you want aside from cert renewal reminder.
It has site usage built in as well as complete admin control (including
editing the config files directly) for apache, mail (qmail,postfix and
sendmail), spam assassin, fetchmail, procmail, mysql, postgresql, bind,
ftp (wuftpd and proftpd) and numerous other modules.

www.webmin.com

---
Blane

________________________________

From: Breheny, Paul [mailto:Paul.Breheny@echostar.com]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 3:17 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache administration application

I am trying to find a tool for administering and configuring all of our
Apache servers in dev/test/prod. The following requirements are
necessary:
*        GUI
*        Ability to handle multiple applications per environment
*        SSL management - alert when certs expire
*        Server performance provisioning - allocate resources to the
server that needs it most
*        Must work with Apache installs on Solaris
*        Ability to administer all hosts from the same app
*        Ability to configure all hosts from the same app
*        Ability to tie in to Openview
*        Reporting on site usage
*        Low cost - good value for the dollars spent
*        Central management point - Can use same tool from anywhere.
Either, it does not require an install on each individual's computer or,
if it must be installed on all computers, central storage.
*        Role based activities - admin vs. power user vs. user

I have looked at Apache Commander, but it does not have reporting, user
roles, dynamic provisioning. Apache Conf does not have those either.
Mohawk looks promising, but the company is no longer around. I have not
found any other tools on the web that meet all the criteria. Does anyone
know of a tool that does all the above?

Paul Breheny