httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Breheny, Paul" <Paul.Breh...@echostar.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache administration application
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:43:09 GMT
I am trying to find a tool for administering and configuring all of our
Apache servers in dev/test/prod. The following requirements are necessary:
*        GUI
*        Ability to handle multiple applications per environment
*        SSL management - alert when certs expire
*        Server performance provisioning - allocate resources to the server
that needs it most
*        Must work with Apache installs on Solaris
*        Ability to administer all hosts from the same app
*        Ability to configure all hosts from the same app
*        Ability to tie in to Openview
*        Reporting on site usage
*        Low cost - good value for the dollars spent
*        Central management point - Can use same tool from anywhere. Either,
it does not require an install on each individual's computer or, if it must
be installed on all computers, central storage.
*        Role based activities - admin vs. power user vs. user

I have looked at Apache Commander, but it does not have reporting, user
roles, dynamic provisioning. Apache Conf does not have those either. Mohawk
looks promising, but the company is no longer around. I have not found any
other tools on the web that meet all the criteria. Does anyone know of a
tool that does all the above?

Paul Breheny