httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeroen <jer...@lankheet.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTACCESS FIle - Solved.
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:29:31 GMT
Dear all,

I've been following this thread, because I have the same problem. I used
the Apache 2.0 documentation on how to set it up. It's not working for
me either, and I refuse to do black magic. Who knows what might happen
then ;-)

I hoped that a reasonable explanation would turn up.

In the .htaccess file in the folder I have:
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Password required"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/htpasswords
Require user validuser

I don't have a <Directory /Directory> for this directory, because I
think I don't need to.
Yes, the htpasswords file is there because I use it from the httpd.conf
for another directory entry. Yes, the user exists.

Any idea?

Much thanks,
Jeroen