httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Claritinet.com" <blairacampb...@shaw.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] apache will not start...
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:00:46 GMT
Help,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to start my apache 2 server. I have tried:
[root@localhost root]# /sbin/service httpd start
Starting httpd: Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/cgi-bin/sixfoot/] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/html/herbalifestore4u/] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/html/sam/] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/html/freezonemedia/] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/html/sam/] does not exist
                                                           [FAILED]

[root@localhost root]# rpm -qa | grep httpd
httpd-manual-2.0.40-21
httpd-2.0.40-21
redhat-config-httpd-1.0.1-18
[root@localhost root]# ps aux | grep httpd
[root@localhost root]# ps aux | grep httpd
root      3438  0.0  0.1  3572  628 pts/2    S    03:22   0:00 grep httpd
[root@localhost root]#

I get no error messages just [failed.] There is nothing in the error log
file. Everything was running just fine. I was making chages to try and get
ssl running. The last thing I did was edit the ssl.conf file. I restarted
apache and it would not start again. I have put back in the httpd.conf file
that worked yesterday. I tested httpd.conf and I got no errors also.

I google searched and found no help. What gets me is I am getting no error
messages of any sort.

Help

Blair