httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joel Parramore" <parramo...@homes.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ssi not working Apache 2 on Linux 9
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:42:58 GMT

See if SSI is working at all for simple things: trying echoing some
environment variables in your page

	<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL"-->
	<!--#echo var="HTTP_HOST"-->

and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, then take another look at your
configuration.

Does test.shtm also reside in /abc/www/html along with the .ssi files?
Also, unless the .ssi files are executable programs, you don't really need
to set the files (either .ssi or .shtm) as executable.

After requesting your test.shtm file thru a browser and viewing the source,
do you still see the SSI directive(s) in the source, or just blank lines
where the output should be, or what?

Also try taking out the space after the last quote and see what happens (it
shouldn't make any difference, but try it and see):

	<!--#include file="js_nav_functions.ssi"-->
or
	<!--#include virtual="/js_nav_functions.ssi"-->

Regards,
Joel