httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chuck Ouellette" <ch...@wncg.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] executing php in Apache
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:59:25 GMT

From: Charlie Smith [mailto:SmithCW@ldschurch.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:30 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] executing php in Apache

Used to be that the www.php.net page had a disclaimer that it does not
run with
Apache 2.0

Yup, it's still there at
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

It says:
Warning
Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither on
Unix nor
on Windows.

Even though this indicates you shouldn't run this way, I believe there
are
those that are.
Here's a reference on building mod_php and mod_perl for apache 1.3 -
would
probably work for apache 2?:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#mod_perl_and_mod_php

You might also try using the DSO approach and apply the section "Build
mod_perl
as a DSO outside the Apache Source Tree via APXS" to mod_php.

BTW: The php install is part of the standard installation procedure.
You
install php from the standard install as part of the apache build.

>>> Somraj.Bhattacharyya wrote 2/25/2004 5:27:14 AM >>>
Hi

Can anyone guide me on how to setup Apache 2 to support php files
execution
?

Thanks in advance