httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Grant" <davidgr...@busydata.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Authenticating a single directory
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 05:46:59 GMT
Thanks Owen,

I tried that and it still didn't work. I received an email from the
webalizer creator, and he is saying that webalizer just creates the html
page in the directory and should not be accessing any other area of the
server.

This is really strange and frickin annoying!

No matter what I do I can't get the directory to be other than forbidden.

Did I mention I added an additional subdirectory for the virtual domain and
it worked with no problems at all?

David Grant

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 10:02 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Authenticating a single directory

I don't want to annoy grumpy old Nick Kew, but it looks like something
in the webalizer is making a request for a resource outside the document
root (ie, in /var/www/usage). Try;

<Directory /var/www/usage>
   Allow from all
</Directory>

to get it working. You'd then probably want to tighten up the access
conditions since that would allow anyone, anywhere access to
/var/www/usage... (Check mod_access dcs for details).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle
Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. If
your name is "Nick" you read below this line at your own risk.

> David

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.