httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joergen Larsen" <nim...@dbmail.dk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] invisible server
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:04:59 GMT
Thank you VERY much for confirming that my page CAN be reached.
Then I really don't know why my site can't be loaded by my sister in Jutland (Jylland). I
tried it myself at work today and it went fine too.
Have no idea why it does this. Do you?

And yes my Zonealarm is ok.
Thanks very much for your patience and feed-back

Many Greetings Viele Gruesse Mange Hilsener
Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen
www.nimmersoft.com www.nimmersoft.dk
Karmapa Chenno
OmManiPemeHung
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Eckerman" <jonas_lists@frukt.org>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] invisible server

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:10:01 +0100, Joergen Larsen wrote:

>  DuýnDns service DynDns.dk which is supposed to be able to point
>  peole to my server.  But it doesn't

If the dynamic DNS server does not your A record point to the correct address, Apache really
has nothing to do with the problem. You need to check the configuration of the client you
use to update the dynamic DNS record(s) and see why it doesn't work.

>  runs on a WindowsME machine. I use ZoneALarm for a firewall.

Have you made sure that you've opened the port for Apache in ZoneAlarm?

>  thing that has changed. When pinging the nimmersoft.dk I get a
>  IPaddress which corresponds to the one that I get at www.Myip.dk .

Not sure what your website's supposed to be, but when I connect to http://nimmersoft.dk/ I
get a page welcoming me to NimmerSoft, with a bunch of counters below a big flower and a menu
on the left. That's not your site?

Regards
/Jonas

--