httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Milnes" <a...@milnes7.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Access to localhost
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:02:50 GMT
Hi,

I have a small home LAN setup with a desktop computer running Microsoft
XP / Apache / PHP and a Laptop running Windows 2000.

I am having trouble with accessing localhost (using either
http://127.0.0.1/ or http://localhost/) on the Desktop machine.

My localhost directory is d:/website

My config is set as follows:-

<Directory "d:/website">

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

    AllowOverride None

    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Allow from 192.168

</Directory>

My laptop can access the Internet OK through Apache but when I try to
access localhost on my desktop I get the following error:-

[Fri Feb 13 08:29:27 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: d:/website/

If I change my directory settings to 'Allow from all' then it works OK -
I don't really want to do that though, even if my firewall is configured
to reject incoming requests.

Any help / advice / links to URLS etc gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alan