httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mangin" <jon.man...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] 2.0.48 configuration errors -- Was: /bin/sh: -f: not found
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:42:19 GMT
Hello all,
The original conf error (below) can be 'fixed' with export RM=rm. (?)
I'm getting many other errors that I'm hoping someone can help
explain: (those look like back accents `cause they are)
-----
configure:3336: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: argument to `-V' is missing
-----
conftest.c:2: parse error before `me'
configure: failed program was:
#ifndef __cplusplus
  choke me
#endif
-----
configure:3973: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 3972 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <ac_nonexistent.h>
-----

Then this error (and similar for awk):

> Trying an initial build of Apache 2.0.48 on Solaris 8x86 with gcc 2.95.3.
>
> configure --enable-modules=most --enable-shared=max CC=gcc
>
> In config.log:
>
> checking for rm
> result: no
>
> During make:
>
> Found newer headers. Will rebuild apr.exp.
> -f apr.exp exports.c export_vars.h
> /bin/ksh: -f: not found
> make[3]: *** [delete-exports] Error 127

And another in config.log:

configure:4933:stdint.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 4897 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>

And then many more like this, not yet mentioning more errors
during make. I've searched but can't pin anything down. Google
can find **millions** of lines of config.log. Can anyone help?

Thanks.