httpd-users mailing list archives

From <li5...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual hosting and Scriptalias problem
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:22:57 GMT
Dear All,

I am managing a server which virtual hosts several domains. I tried to install Mailman and
Awstats in /usr/local directory. Both software require to run script from their own cgi-bin
directories. During installation, the program add something to httpd.conf file's main section
(not in any Virtualname directive) such as

ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The problem is that I cannot run cgi script from any virtual domain (500 error)
Work: http://serverdomain/awstats/script.pl
Not work: http://virtualdomain/awstats/script.pl

Is this expected? How can I run the scripts from virtual domain? Add the ScriptAlias to VirtalName
directive?

Thank you for any input.

Long