httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neutron" <neut...@ussredemption.org>
Subject [users@httpd] 404 Errors...
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:57:46 GMT
Greetings folks!

I know this question has probably been asked before, but skimming the
archives didn't really provide a solid answer.

I have Apache installed with the default installation of Mandrake 9.1.
User directories are setup and I can access them fine across the local
network.  But here's the external issue:

http://ussredemption.org - pulls up fine and displays properly.
http://ussredemption.org/~<user> - Displays a 404 page not found error.

I've gone through and adjusted the permissions on public_html to 755 and
all documents underneath to 600 as per an FAQ I found on the web, but it
still doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

Chris