httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Bezjak" <da...@wingenius.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache mod_ssl bug?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:38:52 GMT
I solved my problem and posted my workaround earlier. It was an IE6 bug, but
thanks anyway.

/ David

---- Earlier post

Ok, I found it, it was a bug... In IE6 (anyone surprised?)

If you use mod_headers (as I did) with either (or both) of these headers
added:

Header add Pragma "no-cache" or Header add Cache-Control "no-cache"

You will get this error when using SSL and trying to download files.
According to this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q231/2/96.ASP

It should have been fixed ages ago, but.. well.. M$ haven't! I use IE
6.2800.1106 (latest at the time of writing). My personal fix for this
problem is to only use:

Header add Expires "Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT"

And hope that my content isn't cached in a way that makes my webapp unhappy.
Any other suggestions?