httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Hagen" <mha...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd can not be started
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:21:36 GMT
I have been running apache on my Sun Solaris Debian computer for several
months.

However, I can't get apache to automatically restart when the computer
reboots.
Usually, this is not much of a problem, because I just manually run

./apachectl start

This time, though, it is not working. I am getting an error that I do
not know how to fix:

./apachectl start
[Sat Feb 14 13:46:18 2004] [warn] module php4_module is already loaded,
skipping
fopen: Permission denied
httpd: could not open error log file /www/logs/error_log.
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

So, I don't have much information in my error logs, since the file can
not be opened.
However, here is the last entry that I got before the web server shut
down:

[Thu Feb 12 16:39:11 2004] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

Thanks in advance,
Matthew