httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mitch Crane" <mcra...@alltel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Trouble Under 2.6 Kernel
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:57:02 GMT
SuSE 9 - 2.6.2 kernel - Apache 2.0.48

Much of my site's files reside on a Windows XP share which I mount as a CIFS
(or SMBFS, same problem occurs either way). This worked fine running the 2.4
kernel, but using 2.6 breaks all of my images and links to data files. The
links are valid, it's just that the server can't seem to read the files. I
can see the files and list directories just fine.

Going back to the 2.4 kernel fixes everything. If I umount the CIFS on that
mount point and put actual copies of those files there it works, so I assume
this is some kind of read permission problem.

The CIFS mount seems to be working correctly. I can ftp into the machine and
access all of the files without problems, copy files via the shell, etc.
Apache just can't seem to read them.