httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Bezjak" <da...@wingenius.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache mod_ssl bug? (solved)
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:29:25 GMT
Ok, I found it, it was a bug... In IE6 (anyone surprised?)

If you use mod_headers (as I did) with either (or both) of these headers
added:

Header add Pragma "no-cache" or Header add Cache-Control "no-cache"

You will get this error when using SSL and trying to download files.
According to this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q231/2/96.ASP

It should have been fixed ages ago, but.. well.. M$ haven't! I use IE
6.2800.1106 (latest at the time of writing).
My personal fix for this problem is to only use:

Header add Expires "Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT"

And hope that my content isn't cached in a way that makes my webapp unhappy.
Any other suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bezjak [mailto:david@wingenius.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 12:08 AM
To: Users@Httpd. Apache. Org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache mod_ssl bug?

It seems that I can't access (download) files like archives when I enable
https on my server.

I've now made the most basic example and it just won't work.

I've created this virtual host in my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerAdmin david@wingenius.com
    DocumentRoot /Apache2/htdocs/https
    ServerName 127.0.0.1:443
    ErrorLog logs/127.0.0.1.log
    CustomLog logs/127.0.0.1-access.log common
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/test.cer
    SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/test.pem
    SSLCACertificateFile conf/ssl/Equifax_Secure_Certificate_Authority.cer
</VirtualHost>

A very simple Virtual host.

And this is my index.html in the /Apache2/htdocs/https directory:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>

When I click "Do you feel lucky?". I get a file not found error.

"Internet Explorer cannot download foo.zip from..."

"..The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found."

If I modify it slightly by changing port and remove the SSL lines in my
httpd.conf it works.

Please help! Any ideas?

Windows 2000
Apache 2.0.48