httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Bezjak" <da...@wingenius.com>
Subject [users@httpd] It's a servlet, no, it's a PDF.
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:26:28 GMT
I have a servlet called controllerservlet that generates an
"application/pdf" response to my client. It works when I use my servlet
engine (Catalina eg. Tomcat) standalone.

But when I plug it into Apache with jk2 I get an error saying "Internet
explorer cannot download controllerservlet from foo.com. Internet Explorer
was not able to open this internet site.."

And just before this explorer understands that it is being sent a PDF
because it asks if I want to download it. Again, this works with Tomcat
standalone...

Everything elese works. It's just my pdf generating servlet that doesn't.

Windows 2000
Apache 2.0.48
Tomcat 4.1.29

This is my httpd.conf

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName foo.com
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/foo.com.cer
    SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/foo.com.pem
    SSLCACertificateFile conf/ssl/Equifax_Secure_Certificate_Authority.cer

    #################### www.foo.com:/bar ####################
    # Static files
    Alias /whs "C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/bar"

    <Directory "C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/bar">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
    </Directory>

    # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
    #
    <Location "/bar/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/bar/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>
    #
    # Use Directory too. On Windows, Location doesn't work unless case
matches
    #
    <Directory "C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/bar/WEB-INF/">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Directory>

    <Directory "C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/bar/META-INF/">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Directory>

    <Location "/bar/">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>

    #<Location "/bar/controllerservlet">
    #    JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
    #</Location>

</VirtualHost>

I have this in my workers2.properties:

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]