httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Watson" <howa...@esgw.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2 vhost alias
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:09:23 GMT
Maybe I missed something, but why didn't you use a different port number
and Listen directive for each vhost?

>>> graham@bravenet.com 01/21/04 04:39PM >>>
Hi, I have a test setup using mod_vhost_alias which is working well. I
am trying to have two virtual hosts - one that handles requests for a
dynamic mass hosting setup and the other as a default virtual host for
host headers that aren't found on the system. The default virtual host
will be used to have any requests that aren't found by vhost alias to
hit a php file and undergo various processes. I want it to be able to
do
this on the same IP's for the two virtual hosts and haven't been able
find a way to make it work. I have placed the default virtual host at
the top of the config. So far all requests will just go to the default
config and requests that were working before for the mass hosting
setup
fail.  I don't really expect this config below to work the way I want
it
to it's more for reference. I don't believe I can go with a name based
virtual host system to answer dynamic requests and having both virtual
hosts on the same IP doesn't' really work for IP based hosting. Any
suggestions or am I going to have to find something to put in front of
apache and separate the virtual hosts by IP?

#Apache 2 config

Listen *:80

<VirtualHost  *:80>

        ServerName some_dummy_name1

        UseCanonicalName off

        DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache2/catchall

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerName some_dummy_name2

        UseCanonicalName off

        VirtualDocumentRoot /usr/local/apache2/content/%0

</VirtualHost>

GW