httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <OOgun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Not Serving Images
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:50:05 GMT
Sorry to get in on this conversation, but I have been having the same
problem with my site showing all the text and links very well, but the
image is not coming across for internet users. I see the image on my
webserver, but the image does not get across to the internet. Someone
said they got a posix error 54 on their browser.

But concerning the permissions thing, is there a special permission that
I might need to grant under windows platform? I saw that you were giving
*nix instructions on the permission and wondered if that was my problem
as well, but I use windows.

Thanks

Ola

>>> Paul.Rochford@itsis.ie 01/19/04 08:29AM >>>

What are the permissions on the directory serving the content and on the
content itself.
Chmod 311 the directory, or for testing purposes chmod 655 it to see if
it will serve the image.

Kind Rgds,
Paul Rochford