httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <Smit...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] favorite web analyzing s/w?
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:56:53 GMT
Thanks for the reply.   So, to combine logs for AWStats to read - does AWStats do that for
you?  I installed AWStats and found same problem.   Don't know if it reads the error log yet
either.

Analog can do all of above?

Charlie Smith wrote:

> I'd like to know what favorite web analyzing open source there is out there.
> Would appreciate any opionions, especially from Stas and major contributors to this forum.
>

> Running on Red Hat 8 with Apache 1.3.28, mod_perl 1.28, Oracle::DBD

1.  AWStats - Very pretty, but not good for sites that generate a lot of
hits since it is written in perl (can be slow with large log files), has
to read logs in order (meaning logs from multiple front-end web servers
have to be combined with included perl script before processing).  Runs
on just about any platform.

2.  Analog - Written in C, very fast, can read compressed logs,
extrememly configurable, can read logs out of order.  Runs on just about
any platform.

--
Aaron W Morris  (decep)