httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Obeda (ACM)" <pdob...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem installing Apache2 on XP
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:08:11 GMT
If you set your "LogLevel" to debug and then restart your server,
you'll probably see several socket problems being cited every
second.

I'm also going to assume that you have a software firewall
installed (doesn't matter whether or not it's activated, just
whether it's installed).

Apparently, Apache2 and certain software firewalls just don't
get along with how they interact with the TCP stack on Windows.
Workarounds which have been cited in the past have been to
(a) use Apache1, or (b) to uninstall the firewall (use a
separate hardware-based firewall instead).

Although there was some talk of a 'fix' at 2.0.43, it seems to
remain a problem.  And I wouldn't hold my breath for this to
be a priority; the problem seems to be primarily the firewall
implementations.

Hope this helps.