httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dieter Vyncke" <dietervyn...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem installing Apache2 on XP
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:24:51 GMT
I'm trying to install Apache2 on XP. The installation works just fine and
I'm able to start the service without a problem.

error-logs don't contain errors.
no other errors are visible.

But here's my problem: When I'm trying to connect using my webbrowser
(IE6)using http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1, it makes a connection with
the apache service (checked this with netstat) and waits .... and waits.....
I don't get the 'page not found' error or some other error, it just waits
.... (when I stop the service, I immediately get the 'page not found'
error).

additional info: standard binary installation, no other websevices, no
firewall, nothing that seems special to me...

Does anybody have a clue about the problem here?

Thnx in advance