httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CUTMAN ~CW~" <cutma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] post & ssi possible?
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:20:24 GMT

>Scott, you're being rhetorical right?

hehe.. well, yea, I guess you busted me on that one.. ;)

>..such individual pages are not bookmarkable. By having foo.shtml,
>bar.shtml etc... the pages are bookmarkable. I'm getting ready to embed
>some dynamic content - a quiz - into my site and this requires posting when
>a visitor wants to answer the question.

right, I can understand the bookmarking issue.  Again I have no idea what
I'm doing I don't think I will be much help but maybe it could be a thing
where stuff is aliased..  rewrite stuff in the address bar..  I don't know,
MAKE it bookmarkable.. it sounds like a fiasco of some stuff though.  I sure
couldn't do it... -and I guess you probably wouldn't have that kind of
breath on the server to do stuff like that?

I've seen examples of what you mention but all i find is alot of php so no
shtml files..  You didn't mention where the SSI part comes in there did you?
  -just some non-related SSI on that same page that you are posting from..
say a counter or weather feed?

>The issue I run into is that afaik the post can only go to a cgi type
>entity, not a *html type entity. As said, I could perhaps manipulate this
>if it was my server but under the circumstances I think not.

I don't know the answer..  I'm still under the novice impression that cgi
can do anything and that SSI is just cgi in a different direction..  sorry.
So, javascript is not the answer, eh?

-good luck.  I'll dig around...  I'm interested in the stuff.