httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Facilitating File Downloads...
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:50:32 GMT

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Randy Grafton wrote:
> The file is usually good for several weeks and then we'll get a call from a
> customer complaining that their install didn't work after repeated
> downloads. We'll go grab the file off of the server through ssh/sftp and
> sure enough the file is bad. At this point we'll make a new copy on the
> server and wait for the next customer to call.

Woh... You're saying the file is corrupted on the server?  There is no way
that apache is doing that.  Apache will *never* write to a file that it is
serving, unless you have some cgi/php/perl code that is doing that.

Your problem very likely has absolutely nothing to do with the web server
itself.  Check your hardware/os config/etc.

Joshua.