httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom Error Message
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:01:28 GMT

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Norman Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Apache 2.0.47, I enabled
>
> <Directory /var/www/html/arkon>
>    AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>
> in commonhttpd.conf and added .htaccess to /var/www/html/arkon with contents
>
> ErrorDocument 404 /var/www/html/arkon/txt/error.htm
>
> However I can get the custom page to be loaded. Is there something wrong
>   that I'm doing?

First, start by checking your error log.  It will probably tell you that
that path can't be found, because you are supposed to use a web-path (like
/arkon/txt/error.htm) and not a full file-system path.

Also note that MSIE will ignore apache-generated error messages unless
they are "large enough".

Joshua.