httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory -- But I have Options ExecCGI in <Directory>
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:06:05 GMT

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Jeremy Kruer wrote:
> "Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
> /var/www/html/bugzilla/index.cgi"

> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
>
> <Directory /var/www/html/bugzilla">
>   Options ExecCGI
>   AllowOverride Limit
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
> </Directory>

> I don't understand what I am doing wrong.  From what I have read, if you
> have Options ExecCGI in the directory and you have the AddHandler
> cgi-script .cgi then it should work.  Can someone help me figure out
> what I am doing wrong?

Your technique looks basically correct.

Do you have any other <Directory>/<Files>/<Location>, etc, blocks that
match the bugzilla entry or the index.cgi?  If so, do they have any
Options directives?

Just on a whim, try adding this to the END of you httpd.conf:

<Location /bugzilla/index.cgi>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

That should not be necessary.  If it works, it means there is another
Options directive someplace overriding your first one.

Also, are there any symbolic links involved in this path?

If none of that helps, you may want to place your httpd.conf on a website
someplace where we can look at it.

Joshua.