httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual directory not recognized...
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:12:44 GMT

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Ted wrote:

> Red Hat 9, kernel 2.4.20, Apache 2.0.40

(old, buggy version)

> When I access the sites via the URL's, I get no access, error, referrer, or
> agent log entries.  If I access the site via http://ip:port, I get the
> default page.  Is this something the domain forwarder is doing?  Should I
> see something in the logs if there is no match?

Without knowing anything about the domain forwarder, it is impossible to
tell.  But yes, depending on how it is done, "forwarding" will often lose
the information necessary to do name-vhosts.  We might be able to help a
little more if you supplied the actual IP and hostnames so that we could
test it.

Joshua.