httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Adding svn dbses without apache restart
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:29:42 GMT

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, [Windows-1250] Václav Krpec wrote:
> I'd be glad if I must not restart
> the server each time I add/remove a db (they are beeing
> added by inserting a <Location> directive into httpd.conf).

What's the problem with restarting the server?  If you use a graceful
restart, there is essentially no effect on clients.

> Why can't I place the <Location> directive into a .htaccess
> file?

Because <Location> works on URLs and .htaccess works on filesystem
locations and there is not necessarily a direct mapping between them.

It is possible that you could put the Dav and SVNPath directives directly
in an .htaccess file without the <Location>.  I'm not an SVN expert, so I
can't say for sure.

Joshua.