httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache hangs at [Tue Jan 27 09:28:55 2004] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:46:53 GMT
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Syed Ali wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running Apache 2.0.40 on RedHat 8.0 with kernel 2.4..18-14smp.

That's ancient, and incompatible with up-to-date modules.
For heavens sake upgrade!

> [Tue Jan 27 09:28:55 2004] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest
> authentication ...

That problem seems to be a regular with gentoo, but yours is the
first such report I've seen for deadrat.

1. If you aren't using digest auth, you can just remove the module.
2. If you are using it, build apache from clean source, not some
   distro-mutilated museum piece.  In fact, do that anyway.

--
Nick Kew