httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems serving web pages
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:40:04 GMT
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Laburu wrote:

> Following my last message I can say that, locally, the pages are
  served fine but by Internet it only serves a part of the pages.

Error logs?

> You can test it in http://www.laburu.com.es/ejemplos.htm

lynx -dump -head http://www.laburu.com.es/ejemplos.htm
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:24:14 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) PHP/4.3.4
Last-Modified: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:18:10 GMT
ETag: "10cc6-4604-6c54f0c8"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

That says Win32, which means getting anything working is Black Magic
(aka plug-and-pray).  Since it works locally but not over the 'net,
you might want to start by looking at your networking and possibly
any firewall/antivirus/privacy/friendly products you have.  But
probably upgrading to Linux will be a lot easier.

lynx -dump -source http://www.laburu.com.es/ejemplos.htm |wc
    189    1276   12288

Yes, that's less than it should be, assuming the correct size of the
page is 17924 bytes.

If the problem is within Apache itself or some module you're using,
you should be able to find exactly where by inserting mod_diagnostics
as a connection filter, and watching the actual traffic.
See http://apache.webthing.com/

--
Nick Kew