httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adi Linden <a...@adis.on.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost and Memory Consumption
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:43:54 GMT
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:
> In addition to what has been mentioned about getting more accurate memory
> usage info, you should consider using mod_vhost_alias, which is designed
> to handle thousands of vhosts without giving each a (memory-consuming)
> <VirtualHost> section.

I had a look at the mod_vhost_alias description. I doesn't look like it
will do what I need. Here is an example VirtualHost section:

    <VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName adilinden.example.org
        ServerAlias www.adilinden.example.org
        DocumentRoot /home/adilinden/public_html
        ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/  /home/adilinden/public_html/cgi-bin/
    </VirtualHost>

As you can see, both adilinden.example.org and www.adilinden.example.org
need to go to the same /home/adilinden/public_html directory.

Thanks,
Adi