httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] env problems after upgrade
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:38:20 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Sean Woodlock wrote:

> Hi All
> I have recently upgrade my web server apache 1.3.12 from redhat 6.2 to redhat 8.  Before
the update i was using perl, version 5.005_03 built now i have 5.8.0.  My question is , are
there are reasons why i can't run the script under the newer version, surely there must be
backward compataible.

> The problem i have is becuase this is a appliance server there are loads of scripts that
need to run to give the server it web functionality.

> when try to start one such script i get this error.

The error messages tell you what the problem is.

> [Tue Jan 13 13:48:03 2004] [error] Can't locate lib.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux
etc

ok, this line says that your code says 'use lib (something)', which is a
Perl 5.6 feature, but that the target system is running Perl 5.005

Possibility: You have two versions of Perl installed, and you're
pointing at the wrong one. Make sure that /usr/bin/perl (or whatever) is
pointing at the correct version of Perl.

> When i try and compile the script i get a similar outout.
>
> Can't locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/ins/intel/gui/perllib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
etc

That means that you don't have Apache.pm installed, which usually means
that mod_perl is not installed.

Often, if you have one version of Perl installed and upgrade to another,
library paths can get hosed, and you may need to reinstall a number of
modules so that they are installed in the new module path, rather than
the old one.

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -