httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Curtis ...@homes2see.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory protection
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 14:19:09 GMT

I am having some trouble limiting access to a directory under a domain to
certain ip addresses. I am running apache version 1.3.26 on Debian Linux.
Here's my directive:

 <Directory test_area/>

  deny from all
  allow from 10.0.0.0/24

 </Directory>

What I'm trying to do is lock the directory 'test_area' for access only
from our internal lan (10.0.0.0/24). Everything within the Documentation
tells me that this is the way to do this but I can still access the
directory under our server root from outside our lan. Other directives
such as an AuthType directive posted below do work correctly.

 <Directory test_area/>

                AuthType Basic
                AuthName TESTAREA
                AuthGroupFile /dev/null