httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ryan....@chi.ddb.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Name based virtual server problems
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:57:54 GMT

Ok, here we go.  getting better output.

The error is still Bad Syntax Line 360 but I get the added line UserDir Not
Allowed Here.

             "Ben Yau"
             <byau@cardcommerc
             e.com>                                                     To
                                       <users@httpd.apache.org>
             01/13/04 03:44 PM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: [users@httpd] Name based
             users@httpd.apach         virtual server problems
                   e.org

> Josh, what happens is I get the output to terminal that says Bad Syntax
> Line 360.  The thing is, e:\YellowTipWS/users/, has not changed one bit
in
> either conf file.  The line doesn't work in the conf file that
> contains the
> virtual servers.

It sounds like there's a syntax error in your httpd.conf.

As posted in the email I just sent, run the syntax check if you are able.
If apache doesn't like your syntax, then that's why it's not running.  Not
sure how to do it on windows but check the apache docs  . On unix/linux
it's:
apachectl -t
or
httpd -t

I'm pretty sure you can do the same command in windows via the command
prompt

Ben Yau