httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Only the first vhost defined comes up
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:31:25 GMT

Thanks for the responses Ted.

I changed the Listen directives without success, the only local address
this box has is 127.0.0.1 and pointing everythig at that would killed all
hosts.  could i ask how i could check the NAT tables?  it does seem that it
is not really apache, maybe Linux only allowing two ports out.  I'm not
behind a firewall, i am on a cable connection...

a piece of additional info....If the first virtual host is the same as the
main server, only that one will respond, but if the main server and the
first virtual are different, both will respond.  which makes sense....but
seems odd that two will come up, but not three, or four.

and about your other mail
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
replies Syntax OK

and the -S switch shown below says apache thinks those hosts are available,
i think....

If i run /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -S.  Apache reports all the
> >virtuals
> > > as defined in httpd.conf
> > > 66.31.37.63:8080       theimages.org
> > > (/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:1056)
> > > 66.31.37.63:8085       sk.theimages.org
> > > (/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:1063)
> > > 66.31.37.63:8090       jd.theimages.org
> > > (/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:1071)
Thanks
Jeff

                      Ted

                      <ted@KI5U.net>           To:       users@httpd.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      01/19/2004 11:01         Subject:  Re: [users@httpd] Only the first
vhost defined comes up
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      users

Jeff,

I'm doing the same exact thing and it's working.  The only differences I
see are:

I'm using the full IP:Port for the listen directives, and I point them at
the internal IP address rather than the outside IP
MY NameVirtualHost. directives also use the internal IP rather than the
outside IP.
Perhaps your firewall or NAT tables are not passing the other ports.
I'm putting the directory stuff inside the virtual definitions (but it
shouldn't matter)

You're getting the "default" page, which is supposed to happen when Apache
can't resolve the different virtual hosts.

Ted