httpd-users mailing list archives

From john.ever...@philips.com
Subject [users@httpd] Output buffering with Apache 2.0.48
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:33:25 GMT
I'm currently testing the latest version of Apache (2.0.48) with modperl
(1.99_13-dev) and Perl (5.8.2) and it seems that it is no longer possible
to turn off output buffering. My live site using Apache 2.0.47 modperl
1.99_09 and Perl 5.8.0 seems to work fine.

I'm using the following script to test ...

#!perl

use strict;

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
$|=1;
print "<HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY>";
foreach (0..5)
{
  print "Just a small line of text to check output buffering<BR>";
  sleep(1);
}
print "</BODY></HTML>";
exit;

 I have the following section in the perl.conf config file for Apache ...

<Location "/NMS-cgi">
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
  PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
  Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

I'm using the all-in-one distribution from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/perl/win32-bin/
on a Windows 2000 box.

I assume that this is an Apache httpd issue and so am sending it to this
forum. Does anybody know what's wrong here ?

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

John Everitt