httpd-users mailing list archives

From jason.wal...@nomadsoft.com
Subject [users@httpd] staffing levels
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:38:13 GMT
Hi, slightly off-topic in terms of apache, but I am trying to get a feel
for what other companies have in terms of staffing their IT departments.
Basically, we went from one admin per 22 users / 5 servers to one admin
per 32 users / 12 servers.

I have tried searching for any rough guide to an appropriately staffed IT
area (network manager, procurement / licensing manager, number of admins
per user / server). So far I have come up blank, then I came up with
asking other admins.

Any references to exact staff levels aren't really required, just
guidelines.

cheers